El arte de Cartier (The Art of Cartier)
Around 400 pieces from the historical collection of the mythical French jewelery firm Cartier will be on view at the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum from October 2012. A complete selection of the best pieces that the Cartier house itself has been buying back over the course of the years, to show all his production and the various artistic styles in the first half of the 20th century: from the large tiaras and the garland style of the beginning of the century, to the Modern Style pieces, the works of exotic inspiration (China, Egypt or India, like the famous Tutti Frutti pieces), gold jewelry from the 1930s and 1940s, or exclusive commissions for important figures of the 20th century such as Wallis Simpson, Grace Kelly, María Félix, Elizabeth Taylor or Coco Chanel. A great exhibition that will offer the public the unique opportunity to discover the best jewelry collection in the world, and admire the creativity and mastery of its designers and jewelry artists for more than one hundred years.
- El arte de Cartier.
- ORGANISED BY
- Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza.
- From 24 October 2012 to 17 February 2013.
- Moneo Galleries. First Basement. Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Madrid.
- Guillermo Solana, Artistic Director of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
- Paula Luengo, Exhibitions co-ordinator of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
- Jorge Varela, designer.
- SPONSORED BY
- Cartier Archives © Cartier
Image courtesy of Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza